Chicago Loop Alliance continues to explore the best practices for being authentically diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible.
These efforts included:
- Enhancing the Chicago Loop Alliance Board of Directors makeup to begin to reflect the demographics of Chicago
- Participating in conscious inclusion training with Kaleidoscope Group
- Implementing a 3-5 year DEI strategic plan
- Launching Sundays on State, a FREE interactive block party that closed State Street to vehicular traffic.
- Attendees came from every Chicago zip code
- Over 69% of participants were from underrepresented communities
- Majority of vendors from minority- and woman-owned businesses
- Marketing outreach through minority-owned and minority-focused outlets and vendors
- Introduced the Everyone's Neighborhood initiative, aimed at unifying the community and ensuring that the Loop is truly a home for every Chicagoan
You Might Be Interested In:
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA)Chicago Loop Alliance will proactively establish and promote policies, procedures, and programs that affirm diversity, equity, and inclusion for the benefit of the Loop and beyond. Learn more
CommunityCommunity: A strategic approach to partnerships and outreach in and outside of the Chicago Loop creating inclusive positive sentiment and community advocacy for the Loop district. Learn more