Chicago Loop Alliance is contracted by the City of Chicago as the sole service provider for State Street Special Service Area #1-2015. The goal of State Street Special Service Area #1-2015 is to position State Street as a highly desirable world-class retail, entertainment and cultural destination that attracts Chicago residents, tourists and visitors as well as new businesses and real estate development.
Services Provided Through SSA#1-2015
Under the guidance of the State Street Commission and administered by Chicago Loop Alliance, SSA #1-2015 achieves our ambitions by providing enhanced services to State Street and portions of Wabash Avenue. Services provided by SSA#1-2015 include:
- Street Team Ambassadors - Street Team Ambassadors monitor State Street and strengthen relationships with local merchants, visitors and assist individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty.
- Clean Team Ambassadors - Clean Team Ambassadors are responsible for providing sidewalk litter, graffiti and snow removal.
- Security Ambassadors - Security Ambassadors monitor the street and address security and shoplifting concerns from SSA#1-2015 businesses.
- Landscaping and Holiday Decorations - SSA #1-2015 funds seasonal landscaping in nearly 100 planters along nine blocks of State Street.
- Infrastructure Maintenance - Chicago Loop Alliance conducts weekly street surveys of the area to monitor and address issues, ranging from broken street lights to ordinance violations.
- Research & Reports - SSA #1-2015 supports research and reports, including economic and education studies, to attract investment to State Street.
- Public Art and Placemaking - CLA commissions renowned and emerging artists to create dynamic, site-specific public artworks in highly-visible locations throughout State Street.
- Destination Marketing - Chicago Loop Alliance brands State Street as a vibrant, ever-changing visitor destination, attracting media attention and tourism to the district.
Boundaries of SSA#1-2015
The local assessment district includes all property on both sides of State Street between Wacker Drive to the north and Ida B. Wells Drive to the south.
Funding for SSA#1-2015
Each year, the State Street Commission approves a budget for SSA #1-2015 which is determined by the levy the city collects.
State Street Commission
The State Street Commission is a body of public and private officials appointed to oversee the allocation of funding within the service area. Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor, with aldermanic support. View commissioners, minutes, agendas and meeting dates here.
You Might Be Interested In:
State Street CommissionSpecial Service Area #1-2015 is under the guidance of the State Street Commission, a body of public and private officials appointed to oversee the allocation of funding within the service area. Commissioners are appointed by the Mayor, with aldermani Learn More