Chicago Loop Alliance is contracted by the City of Chicago as the sole service provider for State Street Special Service Area #1-2015. The goal of State Street Special Service Area #1-2015 is to position State Street as a highly desirable world-class retail, entertainment and cultural destination that attracts Chicago residents, tourists and visitors as well as new businesses and real estate development.
Services Provided Through SSA#1-2015
Under the guidance of the State Street Commission and administered by Chicago Loop Alliance, SSA #1-2015 achieves our ambitions by providing enhanced services to State Street and portions of Wabash Avenue. Services provided by SSA#1-2015 include:
- Street Team Ambassadors - Street Team Ambassadors monitor State Street and strengthen relationships with local merchants, visitors and assist individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty.
- Clean Team Ambassadors - Clean Team Ambassadors are responsible for providing sidewalk litter, graffiti and snow removal.
- Security Ambassadors - Security Ambassadors monitor the street and address security and shoplifting concerns from SSA#1-2015 businesses.
- Landscaping and Holiday Decorations - SSA #1-2015 funds seasonal landscaping in nearly 100 planters along nine blocks of State Street.
- Infrastructure Maintenance - Chicago Loop Alliance conducts weekly street surveys of the area to monitor and address issues, ranging from broken street lights to ordinance violations.
- Research & Reports - SSA #1-2015 supports research and reports, including economic and education studies, to attract investment to State Street.
- Public Art and Placemaking - CLA commissions renowned and emerging artists to create dynamic, site-specific public artworks in highly-visible locations throughout State Street.
- Destination Marketing - Chicago Loop Alliance brands State Street as a vibrant, ever-changing visitor destination, attracting media attention and tourism to the district.
Boundaries of SSA#1-2015
The local assessment district includes all property on both sides of State Street between Wacker Drive to the north and Congress Parkway to the south.
Funding for SSA#1-2015
Each year, the State Street Commission approves a budget for SSA #1-2015 which is determined by the levy the city collects.