We are the city that works. And the Loop is at the center of Chicago’s powerful workforce. Chicago Loop Alliance would like to recognize the over 300,000 Loop workers contributing their heart, talent and tenacity to their job each day with the Loop Employee of the Month Award!
What is it?
Each month, a worker in the Loop is recognized for being great at what they do, contributing to their community, or inspiring those around them. Every Loop Employee of the Month winner receives an impressive prize package from our community partners , a professional photo shoot, and an article on LoopChicago.com.
Nominate yourself, a co-worker, or anyone who works in the Loop and is great at what they do, contributes to their community, or inspires those around them. We are not looking for any specific job, title, or company – our only specifications are you must be at least sixteen years of age and work in the Chicago Loop. The Loop boundaries are the Chicago River to the north and west, Ida B. Wells on the south and Lake Michigan on the east.
What they Win
Winners receive a professional photoshoot by Organic Headshots, an article on LoopChicago.com promoted on social media, and a prize package from community partners valued at $1000 or more. Prizes packages include six or more of the following:
- Digital image of your choosing printed up to 24" x 36" on photo-quality paper and mounted on a sturdy backing from 3rd Coast Imaging. Ready to hang, and perfect for the office or home
- One or two pairs of tickets to Giordano Dance Chicago at Auditorium Theatre
- $100 gift card for The Berghoff Restaurant and Adams Street Brewery and two Berghoff Restaurant Root Beer Steins
- Two Classic Adult One-Day passes on the Big Bus from Big Bus Tours Chicago
- Two or four pairs of walking tour passes from Chicago Architecture Center
- Lunch or Dinner for two at Corner Bakery
- $100 gift card for The Dearborn
- Two tickets to a performance at Goodman Theatre
- $100 gift card for Grant Park Bistro
- Overnight accommodations in two bed two bath guestroom at Hilton Chicago with Wild Card Amenities from HNK and lunch for two at Kitty O’Sheas
- One Individual Membership for International Museum of Surgical Science
- Five daily parking passes at a participating InterPark Garage
- Two tickets to Don Quixote from The Joffrey Ballet
- Two Orchestra level tickets to My Fair Lady from KEY This Week in Chicago
- $100 gift card to Gino’s East from KEY This Week in Chicago
- $100 gift card to Texas de Brazil from KEY This Week in Chicago
- $50 or $100 gift cards to Eleven City Diner from KEY This Week in Chicago
- Four tickets to an April (specific date TBD) performance of Be More Chill at the Apollo Theater from KEY This Week in Chicago
- $100 gift card for Land & Lake Kitchen
- $100 gift card to Merz Downtown
- Overnight accommodations in deluxe guestroom at Palmer House Hilton with History is Hott Tour & Lockwood Lunch for two
- $100 gift card for Remington’s
- Two tickets to Silk Road Rising’s My Dear Hussein.
- Two tickets to Silk Road Rising’s People of the Book.
- $25, $50 or $100 gift card to Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique and Sugar Bliss Patisserie
Meet your Loop Co-Workers
Congratulations to our Loop Employee of the Month winners. Explore their stories:
May 2020Nominate yourself, a co-worker, or anyone who works in the Loop and is great at what they do, contributes to their community, or inspires those around them.
April 20203 MIN READ - Marc Prince’s official title is office manager at Newsy, a source for concise, unbiased video news and analysis covering the top stories from around the world. But he sometimes he refers to himself as the video news outlet’s “mama hen."
February 20203 MIN READ - Stephanie Sanchez, manager at Land & Lake Kitchen and managing partner with LM Restaurant Group, doesn’t just keep things running smoothly at a busy hotel restaurant. She builds a community...
January 20203 MIN READ - Kathy Bliss serves as the Auditorium Theatre’s Assistant to the CEO, but what sets her apart is all the work she does outside of her job description.
November 20192 MIN READ - Michael Love, the November Loop Employee of the Month, brightens everyone's day at Joffrey Tower. He is also tasked with keeping everyone in the building safe.
October 20194 MIN READ - Gwendolyn Matthews is the heart and soul of Carpe Librum, a beloved used book store in Block 37 run by the nonprofit organization Turning the Page.
August 20194 MIN READ - The August Loop Employee of the Month saves Illinoisans millions of dollars a year in healthcare costs—and her services are absolutely free. Belissa Bella Suloski is a healthcare mediator with the Illinois Attorney General’s Office.
July 20194 MIN READ - Pradip Nayak, the July Loop Employee of the Month, came to America, opened a business, and brings joy to his customers every day.
May 20194 MIN READ - The May Loop Employee of the Month Award sheds light on a story of “persistence and energy” by a man with a passion for tech...
April 20194 MIN READ - Malik Gillani understands the power of stories. As the Co-Founder and Executive Director of Silk Road Rising, America’s first theatre and media arts organization dedicated to...
Thank You to Our Community Partners
Thank you for supporting the Loop's dynamic work force year-round.