The Membership and Events Intern provides day-to-day administrative support to the Community Engagement Department and will assist with all membership events.
Membership and Events Internship
The Chicago Loop is a vibrant global business center and recognized world-class destination. Chicago Loop Alliance creates, manages, and promotes positive and inclusive programs that attract people to the Loop, accelerating its economic recovery.
Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
The Membership and Event Intern provides day-to-day administrative support to the Community Engagement Department and will assist with all membership events. In addition, the Membership and Events Intern will be responsible for data management and upkeep relating to our membership records.
- Assist with processing member applications and updating membership database
- Provide administrative support before and during membership events, including tracking RSVPs, printing name tags and acting as check-in lead
- Assist in coordination of all Membership Committee meetings
- Provide support in collecting membership dues and sending acknowledgment letters
- Provide excellent customer service for CLA members
- Provide front desk and phone coverage, directing calls as necessary and greeting visitors
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned
- Undergraduate or recent graduate preferred in Non-Profit Management, Marketing, Communications, Business, or related fields
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism and customer service
- Proficient in using the latest versions of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarization with mail merges, knowledge of CRM’s is desirable
- Experience with membership organizations and/or community outreach preferred
- Database experience preferred
- Frequently moves equipment and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds for event needs
- Ability to work some early morning and evening events.
- Availability of 20-24 hours per week/2-3 days a week (schedule to be mutually agreed upon); office policy is to WFH on Monday & Friday; expected to be in-person in the office Tuesday-Thursday
$15.00 per hour
To Apply & Timeline:
Send cover letter and resume titled: Membership and Events Internship to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until filled (no phone inquiries please). Start date to be determined. Position open until filled.