Chicago Loop Alliance is looking for a full-time, entry-level, digital-savvy Marketing and Communications Assistant to promote compelling urban experience(s) for those who visit, work, and live in the Loop. This individual will be responsible for coordinating and executing marketing campaigns to promote CLA initiatives, programs, and events.
Marketing and Communications Assistant
Please send your cover letter, resume and two writing samples with the subject line “MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT” to email@example.com.
Deadline: January 4, 2022
Marketing & Communications Manager
Chicago Loop Alliance is looking for a full-time, digital-savvy Marketing and Communications Assistant to promote compelling urban experience(s) for those who visit, work, and live in the Loop. This individual will be responsible for coordinating and executing marketing campaigns to promote CLA initiatives, programs, and events.
Chicago Loop Alliance is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We strongly encourage applications from minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and all other qualified job seekers.
Working with us:
As a member of the Chicago Loop Alliance team, you will be part of a tight-knit, collaborative work culture. CLA runs on a small but mighty staff, providing opportunities to try new things and grow in many directions. Senior leadership is accessible and supportive, and you can take pride in working for an organization that emphasizes diversity and inclusivity. The well-connected network of Chicago Loop Alliance member and partner organizations allows you ample opportunity to connect and network with influential individuals from all industry sectors in the Chicago Loop district and beyond. Happy hours are not uncommon; friendships outside of the workplace tend to flourish; and open communication is encouraged. Being part of CLA means working hard but feeling great about your impact at the end of the day.
- Coordinate, write and execute all social media account activity and communications with guidance from the Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Maintain and update website (LoopChicago.com) using best SEO practices.
- Assist the Marketing & Communications Manager in developing content for Chicago Loop Alliance’s blog, emails, press releases, and other writing assignments as needed.
- Under the direction of Marketing & Communications Manager, organize and maintain public relations database (Cision) and email communications platform (Constant Contact).
- With direction from the Marketing & Communications Manager and Marketing & Communications Director, create and maintain schedules for marketing projects and campaigns.
- Assist and coordinate execution of Chicago Loop Alliance’s seasonal destination marketing campaigns and all other program and event marketing campaigns throughout the year.
- Organize and maintain photography and video file management.
- Create marketing materials (print, digital and video) as needed.
- Provide basic graphic design support as needed.
- Promote CLA as a thought leader within the marketplace and among members of the general public. Ensure the articulation of CLA’s desired image and position, both internally and externally.
- Grow and nurture relationships with a membership base of over 300 member businesses and integrate partnerships into marketing campaigns.
- Maintain Google advertising accounts under the direction of the Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Write and edit copy for campaigns, emails, press releases, presentations, reports, and other projects as needed.
- Assist Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Assist Marketing & Communications Director.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Marketing & Communications Manager or Marketing & Communications Director.
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, public relations, or communications with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or agency sector
- Strong written communication skills required
- Strong attention detail required
- Proficient with all Microsoft applications
- Proficiency across all primary CLA social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), secondary platforms (TikTok, Snapchat)
- Experience with web site management
- Analytical/reporting skills using social monitoring tools and Google Analytics
- Strong creative, strategic, organizational and personal sales skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communications at a time
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with membership
- Basic graphic design skills preferred (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Basic video editing skills preferred, but not required
- Experience with Cision and Constant Contact are a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/relevant experience in marketing, public relations, communications, or a related field.
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 in line with current public health guidance is required.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; holidays, vacation, sick, and personal time; employer contributed 401(K); transit benefit program; partial cell phone plan reimbursement; and annual Divvy membership available
Close Date: January 4, 2022
Contact: Please send your cover letter, resume and two writing samples with the subject line “MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include how and where you learned of this position in your cover letter.