The Director of Operations manages SSA #1-2015, consisting of nine blocks of State Street, the Chicago Loop’s premier retail core, through the provision of enhanced services including cleaning, security, health, beautification, and infrastructure maintenance and repair. The ideal candidate would have street management experience and be able to engage a wide variety of people and the business community on State Street.
Director of Operations
The Director of Operations manages nine blocks of State Street, the Chicago Loop’s premier retail core, through the provision of enhanced services including cleaning, security, health, beautification, and infrastructure maintenance and repair.Download
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage day-to-day operations and administration of CLA enhanced services programs in accordance with the CLA Annual Business Plan
- Responsible for guidance and direction of on‐street operations, implementing plans to maximize visibility and effectiveness of resources (personnel and equipment)
- Evaluate daily needs and adjust the standard deployment plan to meet the daily needs of State Street to exceed our guests’ – shoppers, visitors, residents, students, workers, etc. – expectations of a clean, safe, and orderly urban experience
- Ensure CLA vendors providing services along State Street meet CLA service expectations through regular contact with vendors; evaluate service quality through measures of performances compared to expectations and overall program performance and adjust as necessary
- Actively engage State Street businesses, property owners, city departments, and Loop stakeholders to collaborate on solutions to identified issues and to set a course for continual program evolution; implement new local strategies to continually improve service delivery
- Feel comfortable being on the street most of the time actively participating in daily safety, cleaning, health, and maintenance tasks and duties
- Oversee the financial aspects of CLA’s enhanced services programs; develop and monitor annual budget to control expenditures and properly administer budget; process and monitor accounts payable and day-to-day financial management
- Manage the RFP processes for a variety of enhance services; negotiate and maintain compliance with all contracts; meet all established deadlines; collect and maintain all data required for fulfilling the reporting requirements to the CEO and the CLA Board of Directors
- Build partnerships and relationships with elected and appointed officials of the city, including city department heads, especially the Chicago Police Department and Streets and Sanitation Department, business and community leaders, and other non-profit organizations
- Lead and/or participate in necessary committee and staff meetings including preparation of agendas, reports, public notices, and minutes; assist the CEO in implementing the Board’s policies, procedures, strategic goals, and objectives
- Develop key partnerships and relationships with city department heads and other entities, while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships internally and externally
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Michael Edwards, President and CEO, Chicago Loop Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit no later than Friday, September 3, 2021.