The Director of Membership Relations is responsible for overseeing the development and management of 300+ Chicago Loop Alliance members, partners, and donors. In addition the Director of Membership Relations plans and produces all membership-related events, including CLA’s largest signature fundraising events: the Annual Illumination Gala and the Annual Meeting.
Director of Membership Relations
To apply: Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Michael Edwards, President and CEO, Chicago Loop Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications due Friday, September 3, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement annual Membership Development Plan and operating budget to expand the organization’s membership base and ensure retention
- Manage all member correspondence including dues notices, prospect solicitation, and day-to-day communication
- Oversee member dues, accounting delinquencies, maintenance, and invoicing
- Manage and maintain the CLA member database and member lists
- In collaboration with Director of Finance and Operations and Marketing Director, oversee the integration of the membership database/CRM system with the CLA website, including automating the dues payment process
- Recruit new members through cold calls, prospecting, and participation in appropriate business-to-business and community functions
- Review and recommend changes to membership fees, services, and benefits
- Collaborate with other CLA departments to develop member benefits, campaigns, initiatives, and member involvement opportunities
- Create, engage, and manage the CLA Membership Committee
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports to Board of Directors, CEO, and Membership Committee
- Develop annual membership events calendar and budgets
- Produce regular in-person and virtual networking events and educational panels
- Organize and execute the Annual Meeting, attracting 400 attendees
- Oversee event budgets, vendor selection, contract negotiation, billing, guest list, seating arrangements, acknowledgments, post-event analysis, reporting, and donor/sponsor management
- Procure sponsors, and ensure execution of benefits
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to promote member events and ensure consistent CLA branding at all events
- Establish and manage partnerships with local businesses and community organizations to support CLA initiatives and expand CLA’s reach
- Serve as an ambassador of CLA at industry networking events
- Give presentations on behalf of CLA as appropriate
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Michael Edwards, President & CEO, Chicago Loop Alliance at email@example.com.
Please submit no later than Friday, September 3, 2021.