The Chicago Loop is periodically affected by construction work, public events, filmmaking and other projects. Stay up to date on current traffic advisories and happenings.
From 8-11 a.m. on November 22, 2018, the Uncle Dan's Thanksgiving Day Parade kicks off the holiday season with a fun-filled morning in the Chicago Loop. The colorful procession will make its way up State Street from Congress Parkway to Randolph Street, which may lead the closure of the following transportation routes:
- Closure of subway entrances and exit on the west side of State between Washington and Randolph on Wednesday, 11/21/2018 from 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. on 11/22/2018.
- Closure of subway entrances and exit on the east side of State between Washington and Randolph on Thursday, 11/22/2018 from 6:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Re-routing of effected buses along the parade route, staging and disband areas during the street closures.
- Posting of affected re-routes on 11/22/2018 on appropriate bus stops.
- CTA representative on site at the Van Buren "L" stop to monitor trains while balloons are passing underneath.
- Closure of the north curb lane of Washington from State to Dearborn beginning at 6:00 a.m. on 11/21/2018 to 3:00 p.m. on 11/22/2018.
- Closure of State between Washington and Randolph from 8:00 p.m. on 11/21/2018 to 2:00 p.m. on 11/22/2018 for painting parade logo and installation of bleachers.
- Closure of the north sidewalk along Washington from State to Dearborn af 12:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. on 11/22/2018.3. Closure of the north sidewalk along Washington from State to Dearborn af 12:00 a.m. through 3:00 p.m. on 11/22/2018.
- Closure of Staging area streets from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on 11/22/2018 (see Staging map).
- Closure of Disband area streets from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on 11/22/2018 (see Disband map).
- Closure of State from Congress to Randolph from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on 11/22/2018 (See Route map).
- Closure of Congress from LaSalle to Wabash from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on 11/22/2018.
- CFAE requests that all east/west streets that intersect State, from Van Buren to Lake be closed from 7:00a. m. to 11:30 a.m. on 11/22/2018, from LaSalle on the west to Michigan on the east.
- Assist in crowd control along State Street. We are requesting additional crowd control on State Street between Randolph and Lake.
Chicago Loop Alliance encourages everyone to always be aware of standard security procedures. Loop stakeholders are urged to take the following precautions:
- If you see something, say something. Report suspicious behavior and activity and call 911 if there is an emergency or immediate threat. You can also log on to Crime Prevention and Information Center (CPIC).
- Pay attention to the entrance of your business and walk the outside perimeter of your building regularly.
- Get alerts from Notify Chicago on emergency and non-emergency situations in your area.
Make sure CLA has current contact information for your business by emailing CLAinfo@chicagoloopalliance.com with full contact information; watch for emails from CLA containing security or other pertinent information.