53 W Jackson Blvd
The Monadnock Building is one of Chicago's most historic and influential feats in the history of modern architecture. It was one of the first buildings named a Chicago Architectural Landmark in 1958. Its decorative staircases represent the first structural use of aluminum in building construction. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1970, and named as part of the National Historic Landmark South Dearborn Street–Printing House Row North Historic District in 1976. Modern critics have called it a "classic", a "triumph of unified design", and "one of the most exciting aesthetic experiences America's commercial architecture produced."