Open Streets is returning to the Loop
Saturday, September 8
10 am - 3 pm
State & Monroe Streets
Enjoy Chicago's historic Loop - with its breathtaking architecture, renowned museums, and world-class dining and entertainment - when it is transformed into the ultimate playground. Play among skyscrapers, take in a pop-up performance, or skate a half-pipe: an urban adventure starts on State Street. Activities include:
- Mobile skate park: Take lessons and watch professionals skate on a street course that includes ramps and a half pipe.
- Imagination Playground: Explore this award-winning movable playground that includes blocks, crates, sand, and water.
- Climbing wall and slackline: Climb a portable rock wall and test your balance on a slackline.
- Yoga classes: Learn from the pros. CorePower instructors will be on hand to lead yoga classes every hour.
- Dunking booth: Settle the score the old-fashioned way: by sending someone splashing into 500 gallons of water.
- Games: Have some fun. Four square and relay races are no longer just for the school playground.
Chicago Loop Alliance is grateful to the many organizations and individuals who have made Open Streets possible. Open Streets returns for the second year because of the generosity of sponsors including, Walgreens, REI, and the leading support of the Illinois Center for Broadcasting.
See below for pictures from the 2011 Open Streets on State Street.